24th February 2016
10 Cheap Ways To Add Value To Your Home & Sell It Faster
Every seller wants to maximise the price of their property and so a little time and effort making your home look presentable could help sell your property for more and shift it quickly.
Most buyers start looking for properties online and expect to see 10+ photos, so your property has to look its best from the outset. Untidy properties and ones that look like they have limited space aren’t likely to be first in the queue to view. Buyers are very canny these days and will look for reasons to make a lower offer. A cluttered property which is bursting at the seams is going to be tough to justify offering full price on.
Here are some cheap tricks that can help add thousands to the value of your home…
- De-clutter and de-personalise the property by removing family photos, artwork, ornaments and other personal effects.
- Put up strategically placed mirrors to increase the impression of space.
- Remove bulky furniture items such as a wardrobe, sofa or dining table to create the impression of extra space.
- New Lighting - Homes should be bright but not so bright that they appear like a hospital operating theatre
- Freshly cleaned carpets throughout.
- Driveway pressure washed clean.
- Clear kitchen of items like kettles, toasters etc.
- Remove items from built-in wardrobes to make them look roomier than they are.
- Buy fresh flowers and put them on display.
- Use scented candles in the main living area and master bedroom, and brew fresh coffee before viewings.